Table of Contents
What is Inventory Management Software
Inventory management software is a type of software that helps businesses manage their inventory levels, track stock movements, monitor sales, and forecast future demand.
The software can automate many of the processes involved in inventory management, such as ordering, tracking, and replenishing stock, and can also provide real-time visibility into inventory levels, which can help businesses make informed decisions about purchasing and production.
Many different inventory management software solutions are available for small businesses, each with its own features and benefits.
Some of the most popular inventory management software solutions for small businesses include:
Lightspeed is an affordable inventory management system that is suitable for small businesses with a wide range of products.
It supports custom product variations, serial tracking across multiple locations, and order-management tools. You can set custom reorder points and control pricing.
Here are some of the features of Lightspeed:
- Affordable: Lightspeed starts at $69 per month, making it one of the most affordable inventory management systems on the market.
- Versatile: Lightspeed supports a wide range of products, including custom product variations.
- Accurate: Lightspeed uses serial tracking to keep track of inventory across multiple locations.
- Easy to use: Lightspeed’s order-management tools make it easy to reorder stock from suppliers.
- Controlled: Lightspeed gives you control over pricing, so you can set rates and offer discounts or promotions.
If you are looking for an affordable and versatile inventory management system, Lightspeed is a good option to consider.
QuickBooks Commerce is an inventory management system that is easy to use and affordable. It is especially useful for online sellers, as it integrates with all major e-commerce platforms.
QuickBooks Commerce also seamlessly connects with QuickBooks accounting software. It supports inventory tracking across multiple locations and sales channels.
Here are some of the features of QuickBooks Commerce:
- Easy to use: QuickBooks Commerce has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to track inventory, manage orders, and generate reports.
- Affordable: QuickBooks Commerce is priced from $70 to $150 per month, depending on the tier of service you select.
- Versatile: QuickBooks Commerce integrates with all major e-commerce platforms and seamlessly connects with QuickBooks accounting software.
- Accurate: QuickBooks Commerce uses RFID tags to keep track of inventory across multiple locations and sales channels.
- Scalable: QuickBooks Commerce can be used by businesses of all sizes, from small online sellers to large manufacturers.
If you are looking for an affordable and easy-to-use inventory management system, QuickBooks Commerce is a good option to consider.
Cin7 is a cloud-based inventory management software that is scalable and affordable. It can be integrated with other modules, such as point-of-sale software, a warehouse management tool, and an e-commerce platform.
Cin7 offers a variety of tracking methods, including barcode; batch; first-in, first-out; and serial tracking.
Cin7 includes robust reporting tools that provide insight not only into your inventory but also into relevant data from other integrated systems, such as your accounting software.
Here are some of the features of Cin7:
- Scalable: Cin7 can be used by businesses of all sizes, from small businesses to large enterprises.
- Affordable: Cin7 starts at $299 per month, making it a competitively priced option for businesses of all sizes.
- Versatile: Cin7 can be integrated with a variety of other software, such as point-of-sale software, a warehouse management tool, and an e-commerce platform.
- Accurate: Cin7 uses a variety of tracking methods to keep track of inventory, including barcode; batch; first-in, first-out; and serial tracking.
- Insightful: Cin7 includes robust reporting tools that provide insight not only about your inventory, but also relevant data from other integrated systems, such as your accounting software.
If you are looking for a scalable, affordable, and versatile inventory management system, Cin7 is a good option to consider.
Fishbowl inventory management software is a great solution for small businesses that use third-party software like QuickBooks, Salesforce, and Shopify.
It features lot and serial tracking, as well as options to track items by expiration date if you stock perishable goods.
The platform can be integrated with scanning hardware to enable the barcoding of products. It is a good choice for small and scaling businesses that need room to grow with their software.
Fishbowl recently released an online version of its inventory management software. According to the company, the online version of the software includes:
- Real-time inventory tracking: Track inventory levels in real-time, so you always know what’s on hand.
- Barcode scanning: Use barcode scanning to quickly and easily track inventory.
- Order management: Manage orders from start to finish, from receiving to shipping.
- Reporting: Generate reports to track inventory levels, sales trends, and more.
- Integrations: Integrate with other software, such as QuickBooks and Salesforce.
The online version of Fishbowl inventory management software is a great option for businesses that need a scalable and affordable solution. It is also a good choice for businesses that use third-party software.
Oracle NetSuite is a powerful enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that is best for large businesses with multiple locations and warehouses.
NetSuite offers a comprehensive set of inventory management features, including batch, serial, lot, and bin tracking, as well as integrations with other modules like point-of-sale (POS) and accounting software.
Here are some of the benefits of using Oracle NetSuite:
- Comprehensive inventory management features: NetSuite offers a comprehensive set of inventory management features, including batch, serial, lot, and bin tracking, as well as integrations with other modules like point-of-sale (POS) and accounting software.
- Scalable: NetSuite can be scaled to meet the needs of businesses of all sizes.
- Accurate: NetSuite uses a variety of methods to ensure the accuracy of inventory data, including automatic cycle counts and inventory catalogs.
- Insightful: NetSuite provides users with insights into their inventory, including sales trends, inventory levels, and profitability.
- Secure: NetSuite is a secure platform that meets the highest security standards.
If you are a large business with multiple locations and warehouses, Oracle NetSuite is a powerful ERP system that can help you manage your inventory more effectively.
The cost of inventory management software varies depending on the size of your business, the number of orders you receive, and the number of locations you operate. It can range from $100 per month to $3,000 per month, or there can be a one-time licensing fee of a few thousand dollars.
FAQs about Inventory Management Software
Why do we need inventory management software?
- Reduced costs: Inventory management software can help businesses reduce costs by reducing waste, lost sales, and inefficient processes. For example, inventory management software can help businesses identify products that are not selling well and discontinue them, which can save money on storage and carrying costs.
- Improved efficiency: Inventory management software can help businesses improve their efficiency by automating manual tasks, such as tracking inventory levels and generating reports. This can free up employees to focus on other tasks, such as customer service and marketing.
- Increased profitability: Inventory management software can help businesses increase their profitability by improving their forecasting and ordering accuracy. This can help businesses avoid stockouts and overstocks, which can lead to lost sales and increased costs.
What are the 4 main steps in inventory management?
- Assess what you have now: This involves taking a physical count of the existing inventory and checking it against the records to identify any discrepancies. This step is essential for ensuring that inventory records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Review what you had: This step involves reviewing historical sales data and inventory records to determine which products are selling well and which ones are not. This information can help inform future purchasing decisions.
- Analyze sales: Analyzing sales data can provide valuable insights into customer preferences and demand patterns. This information can be used to adjust inventory levels and make more informed purchasing decisions.
- Identify items to repurchase or retire: Based on the results of the previous steps, it is possible to identify which items need to be replenished and which ones should be discontinued. This helps ensure that inventory levels remain optimal and that capital is not tied up in slow-moving or obsolete inventory.
What are the 3 types of inventory?
- Raw Materials Inventory: This refers to the inventory of materials that are used to produce finished goods. Examples include steel, wood, plastics, and fabrics.
- Work-in-Progress Inventory: This refers to inventory that is in the process of being transformed into finished goods. Work-in-progress inventory includes partially assembled products, goods being processed through a production line, and unfinished products waiting for additional work or processing.
- Finished Goods Inventory: This refers to the inventory of fully assembled, completed products that are ready to be sold or shipped to customers. Examples include electronic devices, clothing, and packaged foods.
What is SaaS inventory management?
SaaS inventory management is a cloud-based software as a service that enables businesses to manage inventory from anywhere at any time.
It offers real-time inventory tracking, order management, and reporting tools. The software is customizable to suit specific business needs and integrates with other systems.
SaaS inventory management software small business eliminates the need for expensive hardware and IT infrastructure, making it a cost-effective solution for businesses.
It helps streamline inventory management processes, reduce costs, and improve efficiency and accuracy.